Fri, 23 Mar 2012 06:16:00 +0000
In such a case, the loss of 19 largest banks would amount to 534 bln. dollars. Despite considerable drop of predicted capital, 15 out of 19 holding banking companies will keep their capital four times higher than its normative value.
According to Aleksei Afanasiev, the head of the Department of Portfolio Investments of Masterforex-V Academy, last week’s macroeconomic data was mostly positive:
1. Retail sales rose by 1.1% in February, taking into consideration seasonal fluctuations. In comparison to February 2011, sales have risen by 6.5%. January sales have risen from 0.4% to 0.6%.
2. Industrial production remained the same. Capacity ratio is falling. It has dropped by 78.7% or by 1.6 points from the average since 1972. Its value is 18.3% lower than before crisis. Capacity ratio in January has been lowered from 78.5% to 78.8%. Industrial output did not change in February. Market consensus was slightly worse than expected.
3. Reports of Philadelphia FRS about national production volume slow minor increase in January. Current activity index in March amounted to 12.5 and showed the increase by 2.3 basic points, which is the maximal point since April 2011. General business index remained almost the same in March and amounted to 20.2.
4. Weekly unemployment claims have dropped to 351 000. The four-week moving average is close to the lowest point since the beginning of 2008.
5. Consumer sentiment index dropped to 74.3 in March from 75.3 in February, which is lower than market consensus. Consumer’s general sentiment is rather weak and does not show certain signs of recovery. Small business index slightly rose in February. It has risen form 93.9 to 94.3, which is the 6th rise in a row. However, the index remains at a rather low point due to slow economic growth.
Rally, which started since the beginning of the year, is getting weaker and casts pressure on investors’ psychology. We are currently observing overbought market, and there remains the only question: “will the future correction amount to 3-5% or 10-15%, or something else?”. We recommend redistributing the portfolio, for we believe that aggressive buying at current points are inappropriate.
You are free to discuss this article here: forum for traders and investors
International experts have commented on the recent statements made by several Russian officials about some economic recovery in Russia. They say that the weak economic growth isn’t backed by higher standards of living in the Russian Federation.
USA Today has named the reasons why the United states should be concerned about the armed conflict in the East of Ukraine.
Previously, US Secretary of State Rex Tillerson asked his European colleagues why American taxpayers should be concerned about the situation in Ukraine. The answer came from his French colleague, who said that the United States should be interested in a strong Europe. On top of that, there are some other reasons why the USA shouldn’t stop thinking about Ukraine.
The average price of a barrel of the crude oil produced by the OPEC is reported to have gone all the way up to $53,67. This is confirmed by the cartel’s official website. This happened yesterday. At this point, the price has retraced a bit and is currently trading around $53,36/b, Market Leader reports.
Rex Tillerson offered Vladimir Putin to betray Bashar Asad. The US Secretary of State came to Moscow with an ultimatum, experts report. At the same time, we are now witnessing an unprecedented situation. The thing is, this is the first time, a high-ranking politician representing a superpower comes to Moscow without knowing whether he is going to meet with the Russian President.
According to several Western media sources, United States Secretary of States Rex Tillerson had a phone talk with Ukrainian President Poroshenko yesterday, right in advance of his visit to Moscow.